This post will touch briefly on:
What is clubhouse app?
The main speaker/presenter/room host can allow others to join him or her on the stage.
Audience participants can:
- Search for topics of interest to them. Find a room and then listen in
- Raise a hand to be invited into the discussion. This lets you actively participate instead of being just a listener in the audience.
- Build networks and connections with people that you would likely never meet in the real world.
- Increase awareness about who you are and what you do
- Attend live talks (think Ted talk quality) that would normally cost you thousands of dollars to attend, all for free.
- Connect with influencers in your industry
- Build authority and credibility as the expert in your field.
How to get the Clubhouse app.
What makes it unique to other
Let us take a quick look at the online interest of Clubhouse.
The following graphs show the monthly search volume as of 6 January 2021. I have included three graphs.
Graph 1: Worldwide online searches per month.
Graph 2: United States online searches per month.
Graph 3: Australian online searches per month.
How can real estate professionals use Clubhouse for lead generation?
- You can listen on the run
- You can take in valuable information without the need to read it.
- You feel that the presenter is credible
- You feel connected and up to date
Give them a friendly lesson on how to interact with tenants, landlords and selling agents and tell them how their referral network will explode. The upside is that you will have passionate business owners queuing up to work with you and your clients.
Current limitations – What users are really saying about the Clubhouse app
Disclaimer: This post is intended for real estate agents to give them a very brief overview of the Clubhouse app. I am not a social media expert. I am still waiting on my invite so have not used Clubhouse……yet.
My thoughts on Clubhouse as a lead generation tool for real estate agents.
- position themselves as an expert of real estate
- build their credibility
- connect with their local community,
- increase their sphere of influence,
- grow their pipeline, and
- learn from experts in the field.
Note: At this stage, the app is only available to iPhone users. There are plans to roll out an Android version, but no date as yet.
Where to now?
To delve deeper into Clubhouse and what it offers for the user check out Social Media Examiner’s article here.
This article from Mashable shares feedback that is not as glowing
Want a walkthrough video tutorial of the Clubhouse app?
On her podcast, Build Your Tribe, Charlene Johnson shares her thoughts on the Clubhouse app.
For more ways to reach your community and dominate your market, click here.